POLISEPT® VET Spray is a preparation intended for antiseptic procedures connected with wound, mucosa and damaged skin
POLISEPT® VET Spray is a modern preparation applied in taking care and facilitating treatment of wounds in animals.
POLISEPT® VETSpray contains active substances with synergic effect:
- Polyhexanide (PHMB): biguanide agent with a wide spectrum of effect contra pathogenic microbes
- Betaine (tenside): gentle surface active agent effectively removing mechanical and biological contamination, including BACTERIAL BIOFILM
INDICATIONS AND APPLICATION PROCEDURE
POLISEPT® VET Spray for procedures concerning wounds and damaged skin, applied to:
- cleansing and disinfection of infected wounds, abscesses, ulcers, bite wounds, cuts
- protecting wounds from infection
- cleaning and protecting surgical wounds
- taking care of wounds upon surgical procedures, including surgical stitches
- proceeding with focal burns of 1st and 2nd degree
- everyday hygiene of traumatic or surgical wounds
- non-invasive removal of dried up dressings
HOW TO APPLY
Apply the preparation on the wound and surrounding tissues directly from the container by pressing the applicator repeatedly (according to the need). In case of bite wounds, flow of fluid from the wound must be ensured. Depending on the wound condition, repeat these actions a few times during a day (2-4 times).
In everyday hygiene of the wound and care of post-operative wounds and surgical stitches, apply the preparation directly on the wound. Repeat these actions a few times during a day.
In case of wounds showing signs of severe infection and inflammatory condition, wet dressings can be applied in the form of moistened compresses.
Cover the wound with a moistened compress, press delicately and leave for 10-15 minutes. This method is especially recommended in proceeding with chronic, infected wounds in order to effectively remove the bacterial biofilm.
Abundantly moisten the dried-up dressing with warmed POLISEPT® VET Spray, fluid, wait until the dressing can be gently removed without damaging the wound (as a rule, the dressing can be easily removed after a few minutes).
WHAT MAKES POLISEPT VET SPRAY SPECIAL?
The special properties of POLISEPT® VET Spray preparation result only from combination of active substances with synergy effect: Polyhexanides (PHMB) with anti-microbial effect and betaines – surface active substances, effectively facilitate removal of all types of mechanical and biological contamination, including bacterial biofilm.
- Strong anti-microbial effect
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Analgesic effect – pain reduction in the injury site
- Lack of development of microbial resistance to PHMB
- Long-term therapeutic effect upon application
- wide anti-bacterial spectrum :
Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus faecalis, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas putida, Klebsiella aerogenes, high efficiency in relation to MRSA (Staphylococcus aureus stains resistant to methicillin)
- antifungal effect, including Aspergillus Niger, Trichophyton mentagrophytes
- lack of development of microbial resistance
- anti-inflammatory properties
- biocompatibility index B>1 (high anti-microbial activity and low cytotoxicity)
- lack of allergenic effect (index 1:10 000)
- very favourable biocompatibility index B>1
(high anti-microbial activity and low cytotoxicity)
- lack of mutagenic and teratogenous properties
- lack of systemic absorption from the application site
- lack of allergenic effect
(local allergic reactions occur very rarely – index 1:10000)
- does not cause skin and mucosa drying
Subscribe to the newsletter!
To receive the latest information about our products on an ongoing basis.